Wednesday, May 20, 2015

And so it begins...

When this all started nearly a year ago, I never thought that I would do this. There are likely thousands of blogs out there about nail polish, so why on earth would I ever start one? So many people out there know so much more than I do about swatching and stamping and general nail care. People take prettier photos than I do. But here I am writing this inaugural post just the same. Why? I am doing it because I have a passion for polish. Doing my nails is a way for me to relax at the end of the day and be creative. I have fun experimenting with different nail care products, different brands of polish, and things like stamping plates, and I want others to know that it's okay to have fun and share their passion with others. No one is ever going to know everything about polish, and that is totally okay. If you knew everything, you wouldn't have nearly as much fun, would you?


Let's get down to tonight's experiment! I just got back from a week long vacation to Detroit where I visited some amazing friends that I had not seen in two years. With good intentions, I packed all of my polish essentials and prayed that they would survive the dangers of being checked in my luggage. They made it safely to Detroit while the polish on my fingers didn't even make it through security before chipping. I swore that I would make time to change my polish while I was there, but alas, I did not. I barely used cuticle oil. You can imagine what my fingers looked like upon my return home last night. You would have sworn that I soaked my fingers in acetone for a few hours they were so dry.

Just before leaving I received a ton of nail mail, and one package was a set of polishes from Paws by Eddie which is a European based indie nail polish and beauty brand. I stumbled upon them because they have swatch cats. What is a swatch cat? It's a super cute little cat charm around the neck of the polish bottle that has a swatch of that bottle's polish on it. Being a lover of cats, I needed one. I picked a lovely salmon with gold shimmer called Achoo!, but then I saw the lavender holo Suze which is my nickname, so I had to add that on.


I tried to get Izzy to model, but she's tired after her stay with her country cousins while I was on vacation, and she was not really having it. She has gone to her bed in protest because it is late, and I am still awake.



So back to my super dry nails. On a whim, I decided to add these fun little fish shaped mani bombs onto my purchase because they were neroli scented. Let me just say that one of these saved my nails tonight. It was packed full of moisturizer, and it smelled amazing. My nails and cuticles were fully revitalized after soaking for about ten minutes while I watched Daredevil. (I then soaked one of my feet, because the right was looking pretty awful after vacation too.) I will definitely be ordering again in the future. Fabiƫnne also threw some delicious little coffee flavored candies into my package, the name of which escapes me, because I think I ate them both within about ten minutes of having my little box in hand.


I do believe that it is time for me to finish my nails and go to bed so that poor Izzy stops looking so distraught. See you next time!

Paws by Eddie: http://pawsbyeddie.com
Paws by Eddie Instagram: https://instagram.com/pawsbyEddie
Paws by Eddie Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PawsByEddie





No comments:

Post a Comment